Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dusting off an old one....

Here is another screenplay I started a couple years ago and never follow through with... Not as long as the last one so give it a read.


Fisheye


FADE IN

INT. JACOB’S HOUSE - NIGHT – Three men are sitting on a couch watching a movie. The house is very simply decorated, yet the TV is large and the sound system is good. This room is made for watching movies, which is evident by the random stacks of DVDs pileed near the TV. All the guys appear to be in their mid 20’s. Paul Stead is on the left, Derek Andrews is in the middle, and Jacob Marks is on the right. All three are focusing very hard on the action taking place on the TV. The lights are turned off and all three men are intently watching the screen. They are watching “Point Break.” We can see the men’s faces but we hear the TV, it is clearly the main robbery scene in the movie.

JACOB
“Man this scene is crap!”

DEREK PAUSES THE MOVIE, AND PAUL TURNS ON THE LIGHTS TO THE LIVING ROOM.

DEREK
“What the hell are you talking about?”

PAUL
“Yeah, are you serious?”

JACOB
“Am I serious? Are you guys for real? Everything about this specific pile of crap is weak. Don’t get me wrong, this is an entertaining movie and all, but the robbery scenes are way off.”

DEREK
“You’re whacked out of your dome. There is nothing wrong with this bank robbery. The scene is great.

PAUL
“Yeah, this scene fits in perfect.”

JACOB
“Look, I know we all love this movie, but I have serious problems with the robbery. I mean the “Ex-Presidents,” come on now, that is really weak. They are trying to be these tough and extreme bank robbers, but I just don’t feel it. If Ronald Reagan was pointing a gun in my face, I think I would laugh my ass off. Come on guys, this is our ##th president. Not only that, he isn’t exactly aging well either.

DEREK
“Dude, I don’t know what you are talking about. Those masks are freaky looking.

PAUL
“Yeah, those guys are freaky looking.”

DEREK
“Plus, if a gun was pointed at me I don’t care if they had a Homer Simpson mask on. I would be leaving some easy to follow Oregon trails in my jeans.”

PAUL
“Yeah, easy to follow trails coming out.”

JACOB
“Alright, I admit a gun in the face may be intimidating, but the “surf talk” these guys use certainly is not. If I am a teller standing behind the glass and a robber says “Yo dude, pass me some radical greenbacks so I can shoot the tubes of Australia,” I am going to be laughing so hard I hope I don’t miss the button for the silent alarm.”

DEREK
“Alright Spielberg, are you saying that you could have done a better job?”

PAUL
“Yeah, Spielberg here thinks he can do it better.”

JACOB
“I told you assholes to quit calling me Spielberg. I like the man’s work but it isn’t my style.”

DEREK
“Oh excuse me, exactly what is your style then Mr. I’m going-to-make-it-someday-just-you-watch?”

PAUL
“Yeah, what is your style?”

JACOB
“Well, it really doesn’t have a pre-defined category. I like to call it “New-Realism.” It is a new style that is more realistic than the rest of the fake crap that is being made.”

DEREK
“Well the rest of the so-called crap is making money, which you are not.”

PAUL
“Yeah, you’re not making any money dude.”

JACOB
“Yeah I know. Thanks again for letting me crash here guys. I really appreciate it.”

DEREK
“Well, I just want you to remember us IF you ever get famous.”

JACOB
“You mean when.”

PAUL
“Yeah, I think he meant if.”

No comments: